Permanent counting points for bicycle traffic
More and more people in Düsseldorf are cycling
1,042,633 cyclists were registered at the counting point of the state capital on Mannesmannufer alone. That is 13 percent more than in 2017 - more than ever before. On average, 2,857 cyclists passed by there every day. The number of registered pedal riders also rose at the other counting points.
Their number increased by 6.6 percentage points to 5.36 million at the 13 measuring points compared to 2017. More and more people in Düsseldorf are choosing the bicycle as a mobility alternative according to the figures of the Office for Traffic Management - cycling traffic in Düsseldorf increased noticeably last year.
The locations and data of the permanent counting points can be viewed at any time at Eco-Counter-Website with the bicycle counters in Düsseldorf.
Total of the 13 counting points per year:
- 2018: 5,056,437 (Daily average per counting point: 1,142)
- 2017: 4,633,172 (Daily average per counting point: 978)
- 2016: 4,493,718 (Daily average per counting point: 994)
- 2015: 4,331,935 (Daily average per counting point: 913)
- 2014: 4,276,666 (Daily average per counting point: 924)