German Mobility Award 2018
"Forum Freie Lastenräder / Commons Cargo Bikes" receives award
The winners of the German Mobility Award 2018 on the subject of sustainability have been selected. The ten innovative projects from all over Germany show solutions for making transport and logistics more sustainable thanks to digitization. This year around 250 best practices had been submitted by companies, research institutions, start-ups and associations.
"Forum Freie Lastenräder" is winner of the German Mobility Award 2018
The "Forum Freie Lastenräder" (union of commons cargobike initiatives) consists of more than 60 initiatives throughout Germany, which make it possible to borrow cargo bikes for free. It promotes the idea of common goods, neighbourly cooperation and joint responsibility. The association wielebenwir e. V. developed the concept, created the necessary tools for the lending, and promotes the development of a constantly growing network. Initiatives that want to make alternative, environmentally friendly transport solutions possible free of charge can use the open source software that coordinates the rental of more than 130 bikes to nearly 10,000 users. In contrast to rental portals, the individual initiatives thus have the opportunity to develop their own website with their own brand, which is perceived as a local player. An online knowledge bank and a Germany-wide network support the implementation.
The expert jury, chaired by Steffen Bilger, Parliamentary State Secretary at the Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure, selected the ten best projects for air, water, road and rail:
- Connected Drones - Making drones visible in air traffic (DFS Deutsche Flugsicherung GmbH, Langen)
- e-troFit Bus - Conversion of diesel buses to electric drive (in-tech GmbH, Garching / Munich)
- Free2Move - Various sharing providers on one platform (GHM Mobile Development GmbH, Berlin)
- Forum Freie Lastenräder - Infrastructure and free rental (wielebenwir e. V., Cologne)
- GETAWAY - Hiring and letting every car spontaneously by app (Getaway GmbH, Berlin)
- ISCAD - Intelligent Stator Cage Drive (volabo GmbH, Ottobrunn)
- Luminous platform edge - train capacity utilisation in real time (S-Bahn Stuttgart & SIUT GmbH, Plochingen)
- Solar car Sion - Serienmäßiges Elektroauto mit Solarmodulen (Sono Motors GmbH, Munich)
- TicketEasy - Automatic recognition and payment of public transport via app (MotionTag GmbH, Potsdam)
- Visi-Match.com - Placement of free containers (VisiTrans GmbH, Obermoschel)