Right turn on red in Denmark
Also in Denmark cyclists are allowed to turn right on red lights
Since September 1, 2016, this signposted regulation which allows cyclists’ red turn on red has been extended indefinitely.
- The intersections are marked by a road sign which allows the right turn on red for cyclists.
- Cyclists should look carefully at other road users before moving on.
- Cyclists must give way topedestrians and cyclists crossing the road.
- Cyclists must pay particular attention to children, elderly and physically disabled people who may have difficulties with reaching the other side of the road on time.
- Cyclists who want to continue their journey straight ahead should be careful to keep the track for cyclists turning right.
- Also pedestrians should be prudent and considerate at such junctions.