German Design Council
2017 Bicycle Brand Contest announces competition winners
The Bicycle Brand Contest by the German Design Council (Rat für Formgebung) is aimed at companies in the bicycle industry and their partners in supply, as well as the design and communications industry. An independent jury of experts in media, design and brand communications assessed the numerous submissions on product and communication design concerning their aesthetics, functionality, sustainability, and consistency in brand strategy.
Further information on the 2017 Bicycle Brand Contest: www.bicycle-brand-contest.de
2017 Bicycle Brand Contest - Awards
- Innovation of the Year: Lumos Helmet - Lumen Labs (HK) Ltd.
- Brand of the Year: POC - POC
- Best of Best: Cervélo P5X - Cervélo Cycles Inc
- Winner: 8bar MITTE - 8bar bikes
- Winner: Die Welt hat Pedale und Freunde, die sie treten - Delius Klasing Verlag GmbH
- Winner: Fascenario.3 Platinum - Storck Bicycle GmbH
- Winner: Minimal Bike - M5
- Winner: Norco Retro Messenger Tasche - ASISTA Teile fürs Rad GmbH & Co. KG
- Winner: Tectal Race - POC
- Winner: TQ HPR 120S - TQ-Systems GmbH
- Winner: WhiteStone WS 516 ZERO C - WhiteStone Bike GmbH
- Winner: woom Kinderräder - woom GmbH
Online gallery of the Bicycle Brand Contest: www.bicycle-brand-contest.de/en/the-winners.html
- - -
The German Design Council, experts for brands and design in Germany, bestows the Bicycle Brand Award. Commissioned by the highest authority to represent new developments in the German design industry. Established on the initiative of the German Bundestag (the constitutional and legislative body at the federal level of the German parliament) in 1953, it supports the industry in all matters consistently aimed at generating added brand value through design. Today, the foundation has more than 200 members, including designers, corporations, associations and institutions..