In 2020, a total of 14,212,358 bicycle movements were measured at twelve permanent counting stations, which is around eleven percent more than in the previous year and a new all-time record.
You are here
281,000 employees generate more than 37.7 billion euros
The bicycle as an economic factor: Current study by the Wuppertal Institute examines the bicycle industry in Germany
11. February 2021 | Nachrichten > Germany
Start in summer 2021
Appointed for the endowed professorship for cycling as from the 2021 summer semester, Dr. Angela Francke will expand this area of specialization at HsKA
1. February 2021 | Nachrichten > Germany, Baden-Württemberg
The trend towards climate-friendly mobility in Vienna continues. In 2020, cycling increased by twelve percent compared to the year before
22. January 2021 | Nachrichten > Austria
Corona Year 2020
The corona crisis had a significant impact on mobility behaviour in 2020. Travel restrictions, short-time work and lockdowns resulted in people moving more close to home.
30. December 2020 | Nachrichten > Baden-Württemberg
Federal Office for Goods Transport (Bundesamt für Güterverkehr, BAG)
Funding decisions for model cycling projects were handed over to Esch, Rostock, Mönchengladbach and Korntal-Münchingen. In Esch and Rostock, cycle and pedestrian bridges are being built over the Salm and Warnow rivers, respectively. In Mönchengladbach, a cycle highway is being built and the Korntal train station is becoming bicycle-friendly.
23. December 2020 | Nachrichten > Germany
19. January - 31. March 2021| Termine >
27. - 28. April 2021| Termine > Hamburg
27. - 29. May 2021| Termine > Hannover