Become part of a transformational movement.
9th European Conference on Sustainable Cities & Towns
30. September 2020 - 2. Oktober 2020
ICLEI Europe / Stadt Mannheim
Mannheim to host 9th European Conference on Sustainable Cities and Towns
Become part of a transformational movement. Join over 800 participants from local and regional governments, European and international institutions, multilateral organisations, the research community, business and civil society.
Cities can't do it alone. With the European Green Deal, a supporting framework is emerging at the EU level. Cities, towns and urban regions have a crucial role to play in putting this into action. But, they have to work with other stakeholders and levels of government to be most effective.
From 30 September to 2 October 2020, those who can make change happen will gather in Mannheim. Take transformation forward by joining Mayors, local government practitioners, civil society and all other urban stakeholders, businesses, national governments and European institutions at the Mannheim2020 conference.
Help us transform Europe for a secure and sustainable future. Register today so you can join:
- Plenary discussions that address the European Green Deal, just transition, digitalisation, and future lifestyles;
- The launch of our local response to the European Green Deal;
- Sub-plenary sessions covering topics from circular economy, to carbon-neutral development, nature-based solutions in European cities, and the role of philanthropic capitalism;
- Breakout sessions that dive into innovations and transformations in a range of everyday urban policy areas;
- An innovation market to learn about latest projects and solutions across Europe;
- Guided study tours in Mannheim, highlighting the city’s own transformation;
- Social events, receptions and ceremonies.